Goodbye 2015 and Welcome 2016 !!
Last year (only couple days past) did not gave me great achievement in term reading classic, or you can say it ‘terrible-works’ simply because I could only manage to read 4 classics and 2 review for a whole year. This beginning of 2016, I do make a new resolutions including my progress in classic project. So I choose to participate in 3 up coming event for a whole year (one of them even takes more than a year).
~ BACK TO THE CLASSIC CHALLENGE 2016 ~
Host by Karen from Books and Chocolate
This is my favorite challenge and last year I must regretly absent from it, and now I’m back on the game (^_^)
GOALS IS TO COMPLETE THIS CATEGORIES :
- A 19th CENTURY CLASSIC : any book pulished between 1800 – 1899
- The Scarlet Letter – Nathaniel Hawthorne ( 1850 )
- A 20th CENTURY CLASSIC : any book published between 1900 – 1966
- Animal Farm – George Orwell ( 1945 )
- A CLASSIC BY A WOMAN AUTHOR
- Persuasion – Jane Austen ( 1817 )
- A CLASSIC IN TRANSLATION : any book originally written published in a language other than your native language
- The Kreutzer Sonata - Leo Tolstoy ( 1889 )
- A CLASSIC BY NON-WHITE AUTHOR
- Musashi – Eiji Yoshikawa ( 1935 )
- AN ADVENTURE CLASSIC
- The Lost World - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ( 1912 )
- A FANTASY, SCIENCE FICTION or DISTOPIAN CLASSIC
- Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury ( 1953 )
- A CLASSIC DETECTIVE NOVEL
- And Then There Were None – Agatha Christie ( 1939 )
- A CLASSIC WHICH INCLUDES THE NAMES of A PLACE IN THE TITLE
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn – Betty Smith ( 1943 )
- A CLASSIC WHICH HAS BEEN BANNED or CENSORED
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding ( 1954 )
- RE-READ A CLASSIC YOU READ IN SCHOOL (High School or College)
- Farmer Boy – Laura Ingalls Wilder ( 1933 )
- A VOLUME of CLASSIC SHORT STORIES : This must be one complete volume, at least 8 short stories. It can be an anthology of stories by different authors, or all the stories can be by a single author. Children's stories are acceptable in this category also.
- The Murder in the Rue Morgue & others tales – Edgar Allan Poe ( 1845 )
~ THE PIKWICK PAPERS READ-A-LONG ~
Host by “O” from Behold The Stars
This is quite intriguing challenge, simply because the event start on March 2016 until November 2017 ... I don’t how to manage my time (and ‘moody’ mood-reading) for challenge this long, but still, I’m eager to try at least for the very beginning.
~ THE WOMEN’S CLASSIC LITERATURE EVENT ~
Special Project by The Classic Club
Again, I’m feeling awful by neglecting my classic project for over a year (only reading 4 books in 2015), so now I’m eager to catch-up my pace within this event, althought is not quite a reading challenge, still this event gave me another goals for personal reading project. Are you interesting to joining with me ?
That’s it \(^0^)/ so many this year hahahaha, hopefully I will finished all of them by the end of this year #fingercrossed